· By Ari Segal
Let's get started with your Bubka Pro 2
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through all you need to know about assembling & using your Bubka Pro 2 breast pump.
Begin by carefully unboxing your Bubka Pro 2 breast pump. Check to ensure that you have all the necessary components:
Silicone Breast Shield (24mm)
Silicone Diaphragm Cap
Silicone Duckbill Valve
Charging Cable (USB-C)
Spare Rubber Ring (fits around the base of the motor)
Note - If you have selected a different flange size to 24mm, you will receive a bonus silicone flange insert for 17 - 21mm or an additional silicone breast shield (27mm) if you selected a flange size of 27mm.
Start by washing all the silicone parts (excluding the motor) with warm soapy water.
Once all silicone and plastic parts are clean, you can sterilise in your usual way, by either boiling them for 5 minutes or by using a steam steriliser. Do not sterilise parts higher than 100 degrees celsius. We recommend sterilising your parts once a day at least or between uses if you wish.
Thoroughly air dry or dry all parts thoroughly with a clean towel
Note - Please remember to wash parts with warm soapy water between uses to remove any milk residue. In the meantime, don't forget to plug in your motor using the USB cable provided so you're fully charged and ready to go!
Assemble your pump
Now that everything is sterilised & your motor is charged up, its time to assemble your pump!
Finding the right flange size
We provide a variety of flange sizes: 17mm, 19mm, 21mm, 24mm, 27mm
Start by measuring the diameter of your nipple excluding your areola & then add 2mm to get your flange size:
- If you are 17mm, 19mm or 21mm flange size - You will require a flange insert that sits within the existing breast shield.
- If you are sized 24mm flange size - You can use the existing breast shield that comes with your pump
- If you are sized 27mm flange size - You will require a 27mm breast shield
What mode should I use when pumping?
Press Ⓜ on your breast pump to toggle between 4 modes:
- Massage ♥ - Press once
- Expression💧- Press twice
- Lactation 𝔖 - Press three times
- Auto 🅐 - Press four times
1. Massage: This mode is a great way to begin your pump session to help make the process more comfortable and stimulate your letdown.
2. Expression: This mode gets straight to the point with long suctions. It is designed to extract breast milk efficiently and effectively.
3. Lactation: Increases gradually and mimics bub's sucking frequency. The frequency follows 3 short suctions + 1 long suction. The benefit about this mode is in addition to expressing breast milk efficiently, it also stimulates milk production
4. Auto: This automatically transitions from Massage to Expression Mode
Suction tempo (➕) (➖)
The Bubka Pro 2 Breast Pump has multiple levels of suction tempo allowing you to find the most comfortable mode for your body. The higher the setting, the more intense and slower the pulls.
Note - Lots of mums think that the higher they set the strength, the more milk they’ll get. However, if you put the suction at a level that is painful for you, this can reduce the amount of milk that you pump, because pain can inhibit letdowns and cause nipple damage. And nobody wants that!
How often should I charge my Bubka breast pump?
The Bubka Pro 2 has a usage time of up to 100 minutes per device, depending on mode selection.
We would recommend charging the motor between every second use to be on the safe side or at the end of each day if you're pumping on the go.
How should I store my breastmilk?
We recommend storing your breastmilk in a sterilised breast milk storage bag made from food grade silicone or plastic. Bubka Breast Milk Reusable Bags are specifically designed to keep your breast milk fresh and safe for bub, made with BPA Free food grade silicone ensuring maximum protection. The bags are also pre-sterilized and can be directly stored in the fridge or freezer.
Each reusable bag holds up to 250ml of breast milk with complimentary write-on labels, allowing you to label the date and contents of each bag. They can be stored in the fridge (we recommend storing your milk at the back of the fridge) or in the freezer.
Note - You can use a whiteboard marker to write the date on your Milk Bags, this will wipe off easily after use!
Ready to begin?!...Let's get Pumping!
PS: Check out our general FAQs here
PSS: Also check out some useful tips on maximising output here